Wednesday, April 25, 2007

more Marinduque photos




Moriones masks displayed at the Boac Hotel, sold for Php 3,500 each.




My first glimpes of Marinduque




Momentary shade at the Torrijos beach





Inside the cave
Like travelling the esophagus of a giant
Darkness coiling around my eyesight
So I beam





Sweaty me on the way to the Python Cave





after 10 minutes of waiting for the jeep to move





GRRRRRRR!!!! After one hour of waiting for the jeep to move.




The jeep ride had plenty of sharp curves, skittering across the mountainsides. Good thing I have the vastness of blue to calm me. Greens and blues baybeee! It feels good to be out of Manila.




There's a restaurant across Boac Hotel called Nereda's. I ordered their specialty which is this crispy chicken stuffed with ham and cheese. A bit pricey at Php100, and a bit bland too. But i appreciate the golden color and the experience of biting into something crispy.




A trip to Marinduque won't be complete without special bibingka.. which kinda tastes like sweet puto. I bought this at the Palengke of Boac for only Php 40.




Carinderia food.. this sinigang soup is only Php 10, my lunch at Torrijos Beach



The counterpart of burger machine.. Big Mak... I ordered this Sausage delight (with egg) as my breakfast for only Php 30




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have tried the ubod fresh lumpia at the Kusina, it's excellent!
Thanks for your blog, having spent my childhood years in Marinduque, and now living in the States, I truly appreciate it.