Monday, January 15, 2007

Lifing (ecopark and Pyro)

There is living and there is lifing (pronounced as Life-ing).. i like inventing words of my own, perhaps just for the joy of creating something new.. or maybe because a part of me wants to defy the laws of grammar and syntax.

I had two full weeks of work, and more importantly, play.

Last January 6, 2007 I went with friends (Rhea and Ces) to the La Mesa Ecopark.





The purple bike I rode cost P70 an hour, it was tall and it had a basket so it was okay. The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the small biking area... it was fun weaving through trees and bumping up and down the rocky paths, but after 10 minutes or so I have gone through the whole biking area already. Bitin. :-(


Ces (aka tarebear) really has a good eye and steady hand. She took this shot (above and below) from the ecopark.


White duck
Sitting on the green lilies
Webbed feet paddling underneath
(photo by Ces)



This picnic table (I took this shot!) was made from fragments of the old La Mesa Dam. Go visit the La Mesa ecopark if you think you had enough of the urban landscape. http://www.bantaykalikasan.com


January 13, 2006
After having free food and accommodation from Mabuhay Manor (thanks to my friend Jude who is doing a profile of the hotel), finally I was able to watch the Pyro Olympics at mall of Asia.

The traffic was HORRENDOUS! The streets became instant parking lots especially around the mall of asia. The crowds sat on the sidewalks, cemented parking lots, waiting for the show to start. I was there as early as 3pm (the show is at 8pm) and already the streets are half full. Karen and Nerissa joined later on, and we played "Pass the Message" and "Clairvoyance (a game we made up) to pass the time.

Here are some photos that I took:

Mall of Asia. The sky glimpsed in circles.


I like the design of the mall because it lets a lot of natural sunlight in, and they used the sky as natural backdrops to soothe the weary maller.



Some of the fireworks are unpredictable.
After you see a ball of fire launched into the black sky
It can burst into a huge sphere (like a detonated bomb)
Or it can slowly unravel like petals stretching from sleep.




I liked the element of surprise.
Sometimes the spherical fireworks would expand suddenly it looked alarmingly near,
you'd think that a planet made of sparks was about to crash to the earth.

And there are specks of light that seemed to linger longer than the others...

Thin strands of light that streak downward...

The crowds collective cheers...

Red gold white green and blue filling almost the whole sky, as far as the eye can see...


Here is Denzil's video from YouTube, it looks better than the video i took perhaps because he used a video camera and a tripod.



Below is the short video I took using a kodak easy share digicam. This is my first video I ever uploaded in YouTube. Yay! Now I know how!


Glee Glee Glee. =)

No comments: